Introduction to RACE
From wayner's Wiki!
- RACE is a way of getting product development unstuck and moving forward:
- The team has been knocked on its side in terms of morale
- Management is off-side
- Low quality of the software
- There is no delivery of functioning software
- RACE involves small teams
- people who can deliver real functionality
- people who can deliver with high reliability
- business people and delivery people work together daily
- RACE delivers in small steps: RACES
- RACE inspect and adapts the process after every RACE
Defined v.s. Empirical
- "It is typical to adopt the defined(theoretical)modeling approach when the underlying mechanisms by which a process operates are reasonably well understood
- When the process is too complicated for the defined approach, the empirical approach is the appropriate choice." - Process Dynamics, Modeling, and Control Ogunnaike and Ray, Oxford University Press, 1992.
- Typical software development processess are very complicated and the approach is undefind because one does not know the endpoint or endproduct until the product is complete and/or shipped for consumption. For this reason the Empirical approach makes the most sense for Software development.