From wayner's Wiki!
Vacation : China : November 19th through December 1st 2008
Day 1, 2008-11-21
- Drove to Newark NJ, caught a flight to HK
- 16 hours on the plane
Day 2, 2008-11-22
- arrived in HK
- met at airport by Grandma and Grandad, Isabelle was shy for 10 mins, then lit up
- checked into the Hotel Prudential and crashed out.
Day 3, 2008-11-23
- Isabelle woke up at 4:30am, jet lag hit us pretty hard.
- Mom took Isabelle out for a walk at 6:30am, Dad hung back and slept a little more
- had Dim Sum with Jeannies Aunt, Uncle, Mom, and Dad near the hotel
- Took the Star Ferry across to Hong Kong Island, Isabelle had a blast
- Took the cable car up a mountain, went up some crazy escalators to the top and looked out
- Found a play area at the top where Isabelle played for over an hour
- Went to the Spagetti house near the hotel
- Isabelle ordered noodles with butter, and a coke, the just passed out on the chair. She woke up the next day.
Day 4, 2008-11-24
- Spent most of the day applying for a visa to China
- Did some shopping for some electronics, was sad to find that electronics in USA are much cheaper than in HK
- Met with Jeannies friend Emmy and Andrew for dinner at a fancy chinese restaurent
Day 5, 2008-11-25
- Got our Visa to China
- Had to reprocess our Visa since we were given the wrong ones, had to wait until 5pm for it. So we could not take the early train to Guanzhou
- Went to the Science Museum, Isabells had a blast. I found out I still cant throw a baseball, 45mph but no where near the strikezone.
Day 6, 2008-11-26
- Spent the day with Grandma and Grandad at thier apartment.
- Fixed thier door by replacing the lock
- Cleaned up thier computer for photo transfer
- Isabelle watch a couple of movies, Grandad has over 2000 DVDs in his collection
- Headed over to Jacky's apartment for dinner
- what an impressive place, everything is marble and the view is over the river. All the skyscrapers are lit up at night and some even have graphics
- Dinner Cruise boats are lit up neon, pretty much insane
- Across the river is a 100 story hotel that is under construction, the size of the buildings is impressive of should I say overwhelming.
Day 7, 2008-11-27
- Got picked up by Jackie in the morning
- Went to visit Xxx, have not seen in 9 years, lived in a huge apartment building.
- Went for lunch at the 4 Seasons Club, huge Chinese lunch
- Went to theme park got there and found it closes early so went back to Vicky's house so the kids could play. I fixed thier phones. The power went out for about 30 minutes and the kids had to revert to old fashiond fun.
- Build the paper castle so they could add the stickers
- Tried to cook a chicken in a toaster oven, did not work so we all went out to McDonalds
- Caught a Taxi back home. Isabelle just loves riding in a Taxi
Day 8, 2008-11-28
- Breakfast and Grandma's house
- Went to a theme park, Isabelle got the rock star treatment, people kept crowding around her and asked to take her picture. I got some spin off treatment and a lot of waving to people on rides
- Went to a restarunt in our hotel, owned by one of the 4 mistressess of the richest man in Guanzhou
Day 9, 2008-11-29
- went to Grandmas house, wayne did computer surgery. Very slow when you cannot read Chinese but eventually got it all set up for her.
- Isabelle crashed on the couch until 5pm.
- The Driver picked us up then we went for a tour of both Jacky's and Vicky's Offices and showroom. They were very impressive to say the least.
- Next we headed to downtown to a Brazillian Restaurent where we all proceeded to eat too much.
- Isabelle and Showya did Kung Fu in the hallway entertaining the guests
- Isabelle got a nice new coat from Jacky and family
- Back to the hotel, in bed by 12:30